Nordstrom ends a busy year 2021, during which it celebrated its 120e anniversary and launched a number of new initiatives.
The department store retailer returned to its biggest milestones in its Nordstrom now Blog. The highlights are below.
1. Extended its market strategy to 10 additional markets, iincluding Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, San Diego and West Palm Beach.
2. Launch of direct purchases, starting with a virtual style event with Burberry that includes curated parade pieces and a live interactive Q&A.
3. Signed on the 15th Percentage of engagement and determined to increase its purchases from businesses owned or founded by Black individuals by 10 by the end of 2030.
4. Adding two new members to its management team, Farrell Redwine as Director of Human Resources and Alexis Depree as Director of Supply Chain. Five of the 13 members of the company’s management team are women.
5. Shoes delivered with Adapted shoes and coats with Operation Warm for children from local communities
6. Expanded its BeautyCycle program to Canada. (The program also received the Elle magazine award Green Beauty Star Award and Good Housekeeping’s Sustainable Innovation Award.)
seven. Minority stake in British retailer Asos, becoming the sole physical presence of its four clothing brands: Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT.
8. First developed into licensed sports products through a partnership with Fanatics.
[Read More: Nordstrom to expand in entirely new category via deal with Fanatics]
9. Launch of a redefined home concept with the opening of the Nordstrom Home boutique in its Manhattan flagship.
10. Unveiling of an extended jewelry offer with 14 new brands on Nordstrom as well as a new site experience on Nordstrom.com.
AAdditional information on these milestones and the year in review can be found on the Nordstrom Now blog. here.