Marvel fans will soon be able to get their hands on a unique collection of the rare Infinity Stones. Cosmic Artifacts started out as Infinity Gems in the comics, but were repurposed as Infinity Stones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The Stones of Time, Space, Reality, Power, Soul, and Spirit were Thanos’ main prize during the Infinity Saga of movies that ended in Avengers: Endgame. Now, Marvel is teaming up with East Continental Gems for The Infinity Collection of Gemstones, which was announced Friday at the Marvel booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
Marvel superfan Daymond John, founder, president and CEO of FUBU, and investor in the hit ABC reality series shark tank, was on hand to unveil the Infinity Stones collection. Los Angeles-based creative Darren Romanelli aka DRx (Dog Days at Pit Palm Springs and Built In at Neutra VDL House and Mickey’s Birthday at Parco Museum Tokyo) served as creative director of the collection. While the six Infinity Stones were too powerful for even Thanos and Hulk to wield in their hands, this collection is poised to become one of Marvel’s most treasured collectibles. The six stones combined weigh over 150 carats and have a total estimated value of over $25 million.
“Fans and collectors are a very important consumer for Marvel, as they truly live the Marvel lifestyle on a daily basis and are always looking to connect with the brand in new and unique ways. We believe this collection of authentic gemstones is cool and unexpected and expands the reach of the Marvel brand,” said Paul Gitter, SVP, Marvel Consumer Products.
“There has never been anything more exciting and interesting in the Marvel Universe than the precious Infinity Stones and as a fourth generation jeweler and fan, I am honored that Marvel has entrusted us with the monumental task of keeping the Infinity Gem collection for our universe,” said Adam Mirzoeff, President of East Continental Gems.
Each of the Infinity Stones will be displayed in an exclusive Infinity Gauntlet customized to house the Gems, specially designed by industry leader Gentle Giant Ltd., known for its collectible toys and premium consumer products around the world. East Continental Gems will also release a limited edition Reality Stone in September as part of a future collection to be announced at a later date.
A description of each of the actual stones and their Marvel Universe counterpart is below:
- The time stone is a Colombian emerald is rare and brilliant in color. Untouched by human hands, from birth to be faceted for brilliance, experts suggest this stone was mined around the turn of the century in a location that produces the most desirable emerald green. Documented by four prestigious gemological laboratories, this gem has not undergone any treatment, approaching 23 carats
- About the Time Stone in the Marvel Universe – This unique Marvel artifact is central to the Marvel Universe itself. The Time Stone has the ability to manipulate time, even in timeless places.
- The space stone is a sapphire from the island of Madagascar, over 30 carats
- About the Space Stone in the Marvel Universe – The Space Stone allows its user to exist in any location, move to different realities, warp or rearrange space , to teleport across the planes regardless of the laws of physics or magical barriers, and even omnipresence.
- The reality stone is a natural oval shaped ruby from Mozambique, Africa over 15 carats
- About the Reality Stone in the Marvel Universe – Tasks, realities, concepts, visions – things that would normally be impossible to achieve are made possible by the Reality Stone. And they can be done on a universal ladder. In other words, aside from the power to will anything into or out of existence, it can retroactively create alternate realities around those changes.
- The power stone is a natural oval shaped amethyst over 35 carats
- About the Power Stone in the Marvel Universe – Perhaps the greatest mystery of all Stones is the Power Stone. The Power Stone allows its users to access and manipulate all forms of energy, as well as enhancing their own physical strength and durability. At its full potential, the Power Stone can even confer omnipotence! Notably, this jewel also reinforces the effects of the other five Stones; it’s like some sort of key to starting the engine of the Infinity Stones as a single collective force. The ultimate power behind the Power Stone – and why it takes pride of place on the Infinity Gauntlet – doesn’t necessarily come from the stone itself, but from how the stone interacts with others.
- The soul stone is it cushion shaped, Spessartite, exceeding 35 carats
- About the Soul Stone in the Marvel Universe – The first to appear of all stones, the Soul Stone served as the inspiration for everything else. He can manipulate a person’s soul and essence, control life and death, and contains a pocket dimension called the Soul World.
- The spirit stone is a rectangular brilliant cut yellow diamond of high clarity and intense color, nearly 35 carats
- About the Mind Stone in the Marvel Universe – The Mind Stone allows its user to enhance their mind, awaken or augment their psionic abilities like telepathy and telekinesis, and – when combined with the stone of power – even to access all existing spirits simultaneously. In the spirit of the Mind Stone, we take a look at the spirits responsible for some of the Infinity Stone’s most important stories!